Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dinner in Sakon Nakhon Isaan, Thai Food 15.09.11




Of course I stopped had a beer caught up with Hans, who gave me a couple locations where wax candles were being constructed and then went out to the road to see what was on offer, food wise, and wisely I chose. A number of places seemed to be doing a pretty good business. I spotted one about large enough and about half full. Families, couples and some take away going on. Sat down and waited to see whowould get stuck serving me. It turned out to be young son in his scouting uniform that was quite relieved when I ordered my beer Chang in thai and asked for the "lie gaan ahaan".  I can spot yaams, and somtams, and this and that and decided to give this little neighbourhood place the big test- Yaam Thaleean Woon Sen. Would the squid bounce?

It was brilliant, everything cooked to perfection and just the perfect HOT.
Beside the squid were goong and hoi and a large portion it was. So once again starvation beaten away in Isaan.

PS beer, ice and food Baht 120.

No comments:

Post a Comment