Monday, June 20, 2011

Food in Isaan or I'm in Heaven

Phad Thai 30 Baht
I understand that there may be people that live more than 20 meters from a restaurant. There may even be people that do not have more than 30 places to eat within 100 meters.
I just don't understand how a person could live under such squalid circumstances. Just think, it's lunchtime and not having a choice of 30 or 40 things to eat would be terrible. And if those choices were more than 5 minutes away that could be dire.
I recently read an article online about the best places to drink a bear. How silly the best place to drink a beer is the one within 5 minutes. This is isaan and in 15 years I don't think I was ever more than 5 minutes from a beer.
And food phads, and phats and toms and yaams and yaangs and plaas. In Biology I thing we called it "TNTC" or too numerous to count.
You all stay in your Bangkok or Pattaya or Koh Whatever. It can't get any better than Isaan

No comments:

Post a Comment